[TYPO3-english] RealURL and frames

Dennis Hoffland d.o.hoffland at tele2.nl
Fri Jul 22 15:48:59 CEST 2011

Hello,

Speaking url's should (at least in my opinion) be as straightforward and
intuitive as possible for the average website visitor. However, I am stuck
with the following issue on a frame-based website:

My RealURL configuration is:

  // [TYPO3_SITE_URL] [preVars] [pagePath] [fixedPostVars] [postVarSets]
[fileName]

// [preVars]                       : language

// [pagePath]                   : page ID

// [fixedPostVars]          :

// [postVarSets]              : extension plugin(s)

/*

*

* RealURL setup

*

*/

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['realurl'] = array(

                '_DEFAULT' => array(

                               'init' => array(

                                               'enableCHashCache' => true,

                                               'enableUrlDecodeCache' =>
true,

                                               'enableUrlEncodeCache' =>
true,

                                               'appendMissingSlash' =>
'ifNotFile',

//                                           'postVarSet_failureMode' =>
'ignore',

                                               'emptyUrlReturnValue' =>
true,

                               ),

                               'redirects' => array(),

                               'preVars' => array(

                                               array(

                                                               'GETvar' =>
'L',

                                                               'valueMap' =>
array(

'en' => '0',

'nl' => '1',

                                                               ),

'valueDefault' => 'en',

                                                    ),

                               ),

                               'pagePath' => array(

                                               'type' => 'user',

                                               'userFunc' =>
'EXT:realurl/class.tx_realurl_advanced.php:&tx_realurl_advanced->main',

//                                           'spaceCharacter' => '_',

//                                           'languageGetVar' => 'L',

//                                           'expireDays' => 7,

                                               ###### Set your root page ID
here ######

                                               'rootpage_id' => 1,

//                                           'excludePageIds' => 42,

                                               'dontResolveShortcuts' =>
true,

                               ),

                               'fixedPostVars' => array(),

                               'postVarSets' => array(

                               ),

                               'fileName' => array (

                                'defaultToHTMLsuffixOnPrev' => true,

                'acceptHTMLsuffix' => false,

                               ),

                ),

);

This delivers URL's like:

http://www.mywebsite.eu/en/home.html?type=4

http://www.mywebsite.eu/nl/contact.html?type=4

I am quite happy with the translation of the language parameter (L= ,
becomes first item in the path) en the page id (id= , page title becomes the
name of the html page). The structure of the url is both straightforward and
intuitive. However, I am still stuck with the frame parameter (type=).

In short, I would like this last parameter to disappear out of the url so I
would simply get:  http://www.mywebsite.eu/en/home.html .

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dennis

PS. The closest I got to finding a solution was an example on
http://wiki.typo3.org/Realurl/manual (Multiple filenames for a frameset),
where 2 parameters are "merged".