[TYPO3-english] directMail doesn't send mails and locks itself

hinterindien at gmx.net hinterindien at gmx.net
Fri Jul 22 10:42:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

I try to configure directMail, but mails get sent only erratically.

I have:
- typo3 4.5 running on linux
- installed directMail, created a dmail-Folder
- activated scheduler: directMail task to run every five minutes
- created a recipient list of type "normal list" with two valid test-email-adressess in it.
- configured "from_email" and "from_name" via directMail->Configuration, set format to "text-only"
- created a Quickmail (here: first strange thing: from_name is not the same as given in configuration and as shown in page TS-Config)
- sent this quickmail to recipient-list

What happens:
- directMail->status tells my, Cronjob is ok, mail is planned
- after 5 minutes (first run of directMail task) status tells me, that sending mails has started at minute 5 but Conjob-status changes to "Warning"
- if I now open the scheduler to see what happened, I get a fatal php-Error (see end of mail for full printout of error)
- after 5 more minutes, i can open the scheduler without error (I assume, the next run of directMail Task has corrected the problem). Here, I now get the information "directMail task: failed to execute successfull." Now, there is the lock in  typo3temp/tx_directmail_cron.lock, and nothing more happens.

I checked:
- emails can be sent from the maschine.
- scheduler test-Task works without problems (maybe it uses another mailing machine?)
- I did the same on the server with the same outcome.
- I succeded serveral times to send the mails by doing things that I can't reproduce anymore (like deleting the lock manually, deleting the scheduler task, opening a new one and so on...)

So I suppose, it is maybe a question of misconfiguration.... but where? I read through the whole direct-mail documentation, but I didnt find anyhing...

Maybe, someone has a hint for me!

Thanks in advance
Nicolai

PS: It would generally be nice to have the whole documentation in a wiki - while digging into a new extension, it would be easy to add helpful information for others...

Open Questions:
The is a configuration in directMail (via EM) "Interval of the cronjob
[cronInt]". How does this interact with the cron-Command given for directMail Task in the scheduler?

----- php-Error -----
PHP Fatal error:  tx_scheduler_Module::listTasks() [<a href='tx-scheduler-module.listtasks'>tx-scheduler-module.listtasks</a>]: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition &quot;Swift_RfcComplianceException&quot; of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition  in /var/www/ysdev/typo3_src-4.5.3/typo3/sysext/scheduler/mod1/index.php on line 1154