[TYPO3-english] BE Users language

Bernd Wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Thu Jul 21 08:59:13 CEST 2011

On 07/21/2011 08:46 AM, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with the BE-users (non-admins) language.
>
> Default is English and I want to change them to Danish.
>
> When edit the user and change their language it doesn't change.
>
> But if I change the user to be admin-user and back.. It works.
>
> Any hints on the problem?
>

> Have arround 350 users so an manually process is possible but not
> prefered =)

there was a similar bug some time ago:
the language was decided by two(!) fileds in the BE-user-record.
the default-langugae and the selected language.
as long as the user has not selected a language by his own, the
default-language decides the shown language.

this duplicate settings should be removed, but I don't know wether this
has been done yet.

just be aware of the two settings!
* the default-langauge can be set from 'outside' (eg. any user-admin)
(stored in a immediate database-table-field)
* the selected language can be set only from the user himself in his
user-settings (stored in a flexform-subfield)

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html