[TYPO3-english] tt_news in Typo3 4.5.2

James Corell jcorell at iprus.net
Tue Jul 19 21:52:54 CEST 2011

I am attempting to manage content in Typo3 where content elements are
displayed across multiple pages, filtered by date range. What would be ideal
is a system whereby the template typoscript filters tt_content by creation
date or start date, from one date (now) to the next (now - 4 months).
Additional pages and templates could be created to select content from the
parent page, filtering by date - 4 months to date - 8 months, and so on. Any
advice (or typoscript!) to accomplish this would be appreciated.

In the meantime I am attempting to manage this content using tt_news.
Unfortunately, tt_news complains that Typo3 4.5.2 is too new, and when I
attempt to add the extension templates recommended in the documentation, I
see only:

News settings

News CSS-styles

News feeds

So I'm not sure where to go from here. Is tt_news even supported by Typo3
4.5+ ? What are people using to manage date-based content (news) in newer
versions of Typo3?

James Corell

jcorell at iprus.net