[TYPO3-english] Something like eval to other field types or other ideas to auto-fill IRRE form

Guillermo R. Oramas J. oramas.g at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 16:31:09 CEST 2011

Christian Kuhn wrote:
>Yeah, that is nasty. There is afaik no generic approach to interweave
tceforms fields with each other and it could lead to headaches if you are
trying to do so, especially if using irre and parent records.

Hi, Christian, thanks for your reply.

I think that the functionality of use data from other fields is basic and it
could be something to add to Typo3 in order to be more powerful and less
restrictive. I could name many examples for that: Auto-fill forms, make math
operations, concatenations, etc... It would be cool that each field could
launch custom functions to do this, like the input type do through the eval
custom functions.

>Every field come with an additional hidden field that also takes the value,
maybe you missed that? Sorry, I'm not so deep in tceforms to give you a real
solution for that.

Yes, I broke my head until I found them. At this moment with "reverse
engineering" I could pass successful the input type fields, after
auto-filling and be recognized by Typo3.

>You maybe could also use tcemain hooks to solve that, then you could fill /
filter / change fields during save. This is not as nice as a piece of js
that does this job, but it might be a bit more simple (be warned, there are
traps as well).

I appreciate more information about hooks that I can use in this situation.
I read the Core API documentation but I'm confusing about how they works and
how to call them.

Again, thanks for the help.