[TYPO3-english] Something like eval to other field types or other ideas to auto-fill IRRE form

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sat Jul 16 14:07:15 CEST 2011

Hey,

On 07/15/2011 09:29 PM, Guillermo R. Oramas J. wrote:
> I need to fill automatically some fields of an inline (IRRE) form based in
> the fields of its parent form.

Yeah, that is nasty. There is afaik no generic approach to interweave
tceforms fields with each other and it could lead to headaches if you
are trying to do so, especially if using irre and parent records.

> 1. When I pass the values to the IRRE form Typo3 doesn't recognize it, so
> despite the values are showing correctly, when I save the form nothing is
> update in the MySQL tables. Even the required fields maintains their yellow
> marks.

Every field come with an additional hidden field that also takes the
value, maybe you missed that? Sorry, I'm not so deep in tceforms to give
you a real solution for that.

> 2. I want to use a button or other element type to call the Javascript code,
> so is not nice to users to write some text in an empty field only with the
> purpose of auto-fill the form.

You maybe could also use tcemain hooks to solve that, then you could
fill / filter / change fields during save. This is not as nice as a
piece of js that does this job, but it might be a bit more simple (be
warned, there are traps as well).

Regards
Christian