[TYPO3-english] Where to ask for help

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sat Jul 16 13:57:34 CEST 2011

Hey.

On 07/15/2011 03:24 PM, Stefan Frömken wrote:
> I know your problem. I have this very often. Sometimes I thought they
> don't want to help me or I'm standing on a blacklist or something else :-)

Not on mine ;) I usually click through the lists at least once a day and
if I see a question I could easily answer I do it.

On the other hand these lists are not a payed support channel, folks
answer questions during spare time just because they are so nice and
want to help others.
It can happen that questions are not answered maybe because the problem
is to specific, or the poster could have got the same information from
the manuals and was to lazy, or the topic is so weird that nobody wants
to spent hours on searching for a solution of someone elses problem,
maybe the question was not understandable, or the wording was
unfriendly, ...

In general someone asking for help should not feel offended if there is
no reaction. This is somehow in the nature of those lists, it just can
happen to you.

All in all I have the feeling that there are lots of answers that help
the poster and solve problems. There are lots of community members that
support this channel and I want to give big a "Thank you!" to all of
you! Keep up the good work!

Regards
Christian