[TYPO3-english] Site Slowdown - MySQL Query - Possible TT-News Related Question

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri Jul 15 10:03:45 CEST 2011

Am 14.07.11 21:11, schrieb Louis Coppola:
> SELECT group_concat( cast(pid as char)) as pids FROM tt_content WHERE
> list_type=9 and hidden=0
>
> Can anyone tell me what this query is doing, and what could be causing
> it to hang in this way?  I am attempting to track and diagnose the
> problem further but I am running into a wall trying to determine where
> this is coming from.

As answered.

> Is there anyway/extension that I can use to see which extension or
> function in my system is causing this query to be executed?

I'd do this:
Go to the shell, navigate to your typo3conf/ext/ directory.
Grep for group_concat.
This function is rarely used in a TYPO3 context, so you should not get
too many results.
I just sat together with Rupi (tt_news author) on this matter and he
says this does not come from tt_news, so it seems to be another extension.

Whatever ext it is, I can't really think of any use for a call like this
in the frontend.

> Does anyone have any info on what this is doing?  What it is involved
> with?  And how I may be able to either troubleshoot further to
> identify the culprit, or any changes that I could make to attempt a
> fix?

1) tackle the ext that is doing the call.
2) check if you really need that

good luck

--
Ernesto, Nov. 9th 2010:
"In the graphics generation routines of TYPO3 *anything* could cause a