[TYPO3-english] Site Slowdown - MySQL Query - Possible TT-News Related Question

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 15 08:09:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 14-7-2011 21:11, Louis Coppola wrote:
> SELECT group_concat( cast(pid as char)) as pids FROM tt_content WHERE
> list_type=9 and hidden=0
>
> Can anyone tell me what this query is doing, and what could be causing
> it to hang in this way?

This query produces a comma separated list of page IDs where a tt_news
plugin is located (which is not hidden, but (oddly enough) which may be
deleted).

It can hang if there are INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE queries being executed.
tt_content is a MyISAM table and this means that operations which modify
the data in the table lock the table for other operations. This is
usually not a problem as content is usually not edited very often.

> I am attempting to track and diagnose the
> problem further but I am running into a wall trying to determine where
> this is coming from.

I tried to search in Google for key parts of the query, but that didn't
give any results. Maybe the description of the functionality can help
you find where the query might come from. Just remember that it's not
always the slow query which is the culprit.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.