[TYPO3-english] Direct mail categories problem

Curt Grimley curt at cgss.net
Wed Jul 13 20:54:23 CEST 2011

On 7/8/2011 1:56 AM, Morten Hagh wrote:
> I use Direct Mail Subscription extension on a page and I have created two
> categories, Surveys and News, and the user can select from which  category
> he/she wants to recieve news.
>
> This works as intended. The categories is displayed correctly.
>
> But I can not see any category fields in the tt_address records of the users
> and when I create a recipient list and select a category it just display #0
> as 0 recipients
>
> If I just check one of the fe users I can see the fields, but the fe users
> are manually created in the BE to give access to a specific area on the
> website and is not supposed to be used in a recipient list.

Hi Morten,

direct_mail appends its direct mail fields to the TCA definition of
tt_address.

It is possible direct_mail is loading first and then tt_address comes
second and resets the TCA definition of the tt_address table, so you do
not see the direct mail category fields.

As I understand it, the extensions are loaded in the order of the
extList key (found in localconf.php). You might confirm that tt_address
is following direct_mail.

If so, you could force direct_mail to the end by uninstalling and
reinstalling that extension. When you install an extension, it is added
to the end of extList.

(Another order dependent relationship I have seen is that dam must
follow rtehtmlarea.)

An idea for you to check anyway,
Curt