[TYPO3-english] Autoloader doesn't work for BE-Modules

hinterindien at gmx.net hinterindien at gmx.net
Tue Jul 12 09:54:29 CEST 2011

Hi Dmitry,

i really thought about your comment (and I just ordered your book ;-)), but I seriously disagree with you in one point:

As you know typo3 is vast and labyrinthian. So learning it is a little bit like learning the Chinese language. And I often feel, it is a little bit unfair of the skilled speakers to simply point to the dictionary and say: "Why didn't you read the dictionary before you speak!" I didn't read everyting - simply because the dictionary has more than 1000 pages. And at least I cannot keep them in mind. I need to practise and I need to make mistakes and I am very glad about persons like Kay and you that make a helpful point to korrect the errors. If people would be able to digest thousands of pages before writing the first line of code, this list wouldn't be needed!

Here the solution, for others, who might read the conversation:

For the autoloader to correctly include a class-file, the class-name needs to be of the form: "tx_extensionName_myClassName", because only when the class needs to be declared, the autoloader reads the file typo3conf/ext/extensionName/ext_autoload.php. The name of the class contains the mandatory hint to the place, where to find the autoload-instructions.

Correct, Dmitry and Kay?

Thanks for the help
Nicolai

-------- Original-Nachricht --------