[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.5.0rc1 Workspace Versioning

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Jan 24 08:44:10 CET 2011

Hi Andreas,

> In beta for it was possible to deselect Workspaces and Versioning during the
> update process in installtool. Are Workspaces and Versioning now again a
> requirement like before as these checkboxes are missing? It leaves you no
> choice anymore and both get installed when you proceed with the update
> process.

You're absolutely right. We tried very hard to cover all cases where
someone needed an upgrade, because it is crucial that people who use
workspaces perform the update when moving to 4.5. And the old "install
version" wizard seemed obsolete. But we forgot about leaving the
possibility not to install versioning at all. Sorry. I'll look into that.

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17260

Cheers

--

Francois Suter