[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.4: can't access backend

Luis E. Suarez nospam at please.com
Sun Jan 23 06:12:58 CET 2011

Hello,
I wish to upgrade all my sites from old TYPO3 versions.  For testing
purposes I have installed TYPO3 4.4 in a Windows 7 machine and
everything went smooth.  Imported all content from an existing site (ver
4.1.15) and worked just fine with all the required extensions included.
  Then installed ver 4.4 in the same site on a new folder using a new
empty database.  Installation was okay and passed all configurations,
however, have no access to the backend using the default admin and pass.
  Created a new admin and still can't access the backend.  The backend
page renders blank for a second and reverts to the login.  The server
log says nothing.

I have installed TYPO3 many times since ver 3 and never had such strange
result but at this time I run out of ideas.

Will appreciate any help.  Thanks.