[TYPO3-english] sys_log table is getting too large

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jan 19 13:27:12 CET 2011

Hi,

> I have a site running on TYPO3, its database size excluding table "sys_log"
> is ~200MB, while table "sys_log" which holds back-end content edit history
> is more than 3GB and is getting increased, because there are too many
> back-end users with workspaces attached.
>
> Will you please suggest me, what to do to tame its size, and how about
> emptying this table or so.

As mentioned by Sebastian, you should of course look at what is logged.
If there are repetitive errors, they should be obviously be fixed.

On top of that it is safe to delete old records in such tables after a
while. You may want to take a look at extension "cachecleaner":

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/cachecleaner/current/

HTH

--

Francois Suter