[TYPO3-english] dynamic content snippets

Mario Šargač sargac at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 11:29:26 CET 2011

Hello,

I am trying to construct a weird content blocks and before I do anything
stupid, I wanted to share thought with you here on the list.

There are some parts in the content that would repeat all over the site,
like names and titles of people, etc,... and I was thinking of creating
a content block on one place, where I would define such "constants" (I
was also thinking of using Constants Editor for that... but I am not
sure about that anymore).

Anyway in that block I would define content variables, so I can edit
them later on one place (there might be hundreds of records). The text
would look like this:
--------------------
(VARIABLE)	(VALUE)
headmaster 	= Jon Bauer
opening_hours 	= 13:00 - 15:30
something_else 	= <strong>Very important</strong>
--------------------

I would use then these "variables" wherever I'd need them, like in
HtlmArea for instance, like this:
The headmaster for this season is {headmaster},... Library's opening
hours are: {opening_hours}.

What do you think about the idea and what would be right approach to
achieve this?

Best,
Mario