[TYPO3-english] introduction Package 4.4.6

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sat Jan 15 09:40:24 CET 2011

Hi,

> Andreas Koppa wrote:
>> Hi list, long time no visiting.
>> I'm embarrassed. I have just installed the package in my new Windows 7
>> machine and it doesn't work. There is no access to the database and
>> phpMyAdmin doesn't work.
>> I have used xampp for years and never had such a problem.
>> Should I go back to Windows XP or forget the toy and go ahead with xampp
>> and normal installation?
>> Any help?

if you tried to install the Winstaller Introduction Package it could be
that MySQL is running on a non-standard port (had this problem
recently). If you try again have a look if changing the configured TYPO3
db host from localhost:1234 to 127.0.0.1:1234 helps.

HTH,

Susanne

--
What's worth the price is always worth the fight
Every second counts 'cause there's no second try

TYPO3 Core Team Member