[TYPO3-english] Installing and extension with Oracle as the DB

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Jan 14 17:17:38 CET 2011

Hi,

> I have T3 4.4.6 running in a Linux / Oracle setup. T3 installed just fine. But I went to install TV, which needs Static Tables, but the page just times out. I'm stuck on the page that shows you the SQL that the extension is about to execute. But again, the page just hangs.
>
> We sent the Oracle DBA, who knows nothing about T3, and he said:
>
> "These statements are not configured for Oracle
>
> 1. There are no datatypes 'Tinyint' in oracle
> 2. 'unsigned' is not valid in the column definition
> 3. UID is a reserved word in Oracle

I installed TV several times and I don't remember this problem, however
IIRC there might be a problem with _some_ tables from
static_info_tables; tables which are not needed anyway and I may simply
have skipped them. You should try to manually install
static_info_tables, possibly skipping faulty, useless table data (I mean
useless for common use of course), and then install TV normally.

> In order to get these to function in Oracle we will need to restructure the statements"
>
> I'll take his word for it...but since we installed T3 using the DBAL, I thought all SQL would be sanitized by it, and made to play nice with Oracle.

The queries you see are not the queries that are sent to Oracle or any
other DBMS but the original queries in MySQL. Your DBA certainly did not
analyze what was really sent to its DBMS but simply read statements from
your TYPO3 backend I guess.

You may activate debug mode in DBAL (refer to documentation) and have
invalid queries logged to DBAL backend module, this may help you
understand where the problem really is.

Regards

--
Xavier Perseguers