[TYPO3-english] problem with template in explorer 8 (Erdal G?k)

Erdal Gök comm at webcan.de
Wed Jan 12 11:05:13 CET 2011

Bjoern Pedersen wrote:
> Am 12.01.2011 08:06, schrieb Plamen Petkov:

>>   I mean when I view the template directly on my server with explorer 8, not
>> included in Typo3 (backend or frontend),
>> Everything is OK. Bear in mind that I have added manually for test purpose
>> and files together with my
>> stylesheets
>> stylesheet_bd57100572.css and javascript_93077bb238.js (these files are
>> added by Typo3 in template when I open my site in Typo3).
>
> Something is going very wrong. Some suggestions:
>
> * Use Firebug to check wether the styles are applied right (including
> correct sequence!).
> * Check the document type
> * Check file encodings
> * Do a real diff  between both page versions as dowloaded from the server.
> * Validate (e.g.http://validator.w3.org) your template first and fix all
> bugs found by the validator.

Hi Bjoern,

these are very good suggestion.

@ Hi Plamen,

if the generated code and the pure template is exact the same (html,
css, js) there should be no difference in the same browser.

Otherwise you find a new IE-Bug. Maybe you can get some money from
microsoft for sharing this to their support, ;-).

Bye

Erdal