[TYPO3-english] introduction Package 4.4.6

Erdal Gök comm at webcan.de
Tue Jan 11 20:10:42 CET 2011

Andreas Koppa wrote:
> I'm embarrassed. I have just installed the package in my new Windows 7
> machine and it doesn't work. There is no access to the database and
> phpMyAdmin doesn't work.
> I have used xampp for years and never had such a problem.
> Should I go back to Windows XP or forget the toy and go ahead with xampp
> and normal installation?

Hi Andreas,

you don't need to. I've installed it on win7 64bit an xampp, without any
problem. If you can't get phpMyAdmin to work you could have more a xampp
problem, than an introduction package problem.

The last version I tried, was 4.4.4. You can find here my tutorial for
installing it on my system:
http://blog.webcan.de/typo3/install-typo3-introduction-package/

The introduction package is a good way to learn TYPO3 or relearn.

Bye
Erdal