[TYPO3-english] Forcing a db field to unsigned int

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Tue Jan 11 18:10:48 CET 2011

Il 04/01/2011 20:31, "Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" ha scritto:
> On 04.01.2011 18:57, Tonix (Antonio Nati) wrote:
>> How would it be possible to create a new int(11) unsigned field, using
>> kickstarter?
>> I see actually only int(11) are possible, and if I manually change
>> ext_tables.sql, forcing int(11) unsigned, next time I save the extension
>> fields are set again int(11).
>>
>> Any hint?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tonino
>>

> The kickstarter is meant as first time setup tool, after that you
> probably are better off using the IDE of your choice to work on your
> extension. So after you kickstarted your extension just change the
> file by hand and don't feed it back to kickstarter.

If you don't use kickstarter for new fields, then, besides SQL code, you
have to create manually any TCA code related to that field, otherwise it
will not be used by other extensions.

I feel it would be better add unsigned int and default NULL to
kickstarter, it would be a lot more simple.

Tonino

> Christian

         Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
    http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it