[TYPO3-english] Best practice migrating mysql 4.1.x -> 5.0.x with mixed innodb myisam tables

Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de
Mon Jan 10 11:35:17 CET 2011

Am 10.01.11 11:13, schrieb Bjoern Pedersen:
> Am 10.01.2011 10:48, schrieb Götz Reinicke - IT-Koordinator:
>> Hey,
>>
>> happy new year and I do have a question what might be the best way to
>> migrate some different databases to a new central server.
>>
>> The question came up as I wanted to put our typo3 database on our
>> newer master/slave mysql installation.
>>
>> We run red hat el 4 and 5 right now, so the source db is mysql 4.1.22
>> and the target is 5.0.77.
>>
>> I did a mysqldump (--create-options --default-character-set=utf8 -K -e
>> --opt -q) on the source server and imported that dump on the new system,
>> but all innodb tabels are converted to myisam.
>>

> Does the dump contain CREATE TABLE xxx (.... ) ENGINE=InnoDB ?
> Are all directories for InnoDB correctly configured? Otherwise ymsql
> fill use myISAM tables as a fallback.

Hi,

the dump contains 'CREATE TABLE xxx (.... ) ENGINE=InnoDB'

I did not set a special path on both servers. All ibdata and logfiel are
in the same directory.

But I do use differet config options in the old and new my.cnf file.

Some are defaults.

old server:
innodb_buffer_pool_size=920M

new server:
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:30M:autoextend
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=1

Regards. Götz

--
Götz Reinicke
IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax  +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-Württemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats:
Prof. Dr. Claudia Hübner

Geschäftsführer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt