[TYPO3-english] Newsletter Solutions

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Mon Jan 10 03:16:50 CET 2011

Thanks Jigal

The page is accessible from the frontend but the error still shows up!

The Newsletter Page has been created by clicking on

   1. Direct Mail - Direct Mail

   2. Than choosing the Newsletter Folder

   3. Than Internal Pages (step one)

   4. Than Click here to create a new page that you can later send as a
   direct mail.<http://dev.t3pack.com/typo3conf/ext/direct_mail/mod2/index.php?id=138#>
   A new page gets created below the Newsletter Folder (I unhide the page
   and give a Page Title)

   Newsletter Folder (Contains direct Mail plugin checked)
   --- Direct Mail Test Page
   --- Test Newsletter Page 2

   5. Than click again on Internal Pages (step one) choose the "Direct Mail
   Test Page" Page

   6. When I click on (H) I can see http://dev.t3pack.com/index.php?id=146

   7. When I click on (T) I can see
   http://dev.t3pack.com/index.php?id=146&type=99

   8. <http://dev.t3pack.com/index.php?id=146&type=99>When I click on the
   edit stick I receive a Fatal Error This module "web_layout" is not
   enabled in TBE_MODULES
   In Extension Manager or TER there is no Module called "web_layout" any
   idea where we can get it?
   In the browser address bar it shows:
   http://dev.t3pack.com/typo3/sysext/cms/layout/db_layout.php?id=146
   The web_layout Module seems to be the Standard "Page" modul - why don't
   name it in the error message like this?

   http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-project-workflow/2006-January/000045.html

   1. when we check in templavoila : Enable the classic Page module
      2. we can see the newsletter page as a standard page but only the "*This
      could be the header of the
Newsletter<http://dev.t3pack.com/typo3/sysext/cms/layout/db_layout.php?id=146#>
      "* shows up we have created as Text element.
      3. It not really does make sense to use the standard page module in a
      TV page as it is by default actually disabled and useless.
Furthermore it is
      totally confusing for customers to use 2 page modules. WHY is the tv_page
      module not enabled in direct_mail???
      4. The Error Message in direct_mail should be much more precise
      therefor and saying:
      "DON'T USE TEMPLAVOILA - USE STANDARD TEMPLATING - INSTALL THE
      STANDARD PAGE MODULE INSTEAD"
      and for the TV users a small hint perhaps
      "You can edit your page using the TV Page Module, so please don't use
      the edit stick of direct_mail - it is only for standard people."

      9. Anyway It is possible to create a new page but not possible to edit
   it afterwards if the standard page module is NOT installed!
   It seems like TV Users should be locked out by direct_mail and get forced
   to use standard templating again!

   10. It is possible to edit the page only using the common way with the TV
   Page modul
   static_info_tables 2.1.2 Tables are installed

   11. When I click on create a newsletter (envelop) or the Title of the
   newsletter I get to step 2 but receive the already mentioned error:
   *The plain text content could not be fetched.
   **The HTML content could not be fetched.

   *
   12. *ods_plaintext is installed but still we are receiving the error.
   **
   Any ideas are welcome to solve this annoying problem when using
   direct_mail together with templaVoila
   **

   Andi

   On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 1:18 AM, Jigal van Hemert <jigal at xs4all.nl>wrote: