[TYPO3-english] ecommerce buy button

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Fri Jan 7 20:51:59 CET 2011

Hi Nicola.

At first: I have no sollution at hand that could be used instantly.

But in about a half year or so i could be faced with the same
requirement, so i think it would be nice to be a little involved in
this discussion.

My specific requirement will be having very less pages (speaking
about 20 to 30) with one product per page. This pages already
exist and carry products but without the demand of leading to
a checkout configuration to buy those products. At the moment
they just exist to explain: In general we are service provider (it
is a local dog obedience school), but if you come to our lesson
and want to do something with any kind of special equipment, you
don't need to think about where to get prepared.

So my idea of such a "buy it" button is: Adding a simple content
element to any desired position on the web page. The frontend
output of this content element doesn't do any layout of a product
detail page. It not even has a product title or a price but only a
simple "buy it" button that redirects to that shopping cart.

That wourd require you to go through each and every page and
add such a button to it.

What kind of user interface do you think of being the right thing
to add such a product to a page? I think about a special content
element to be added by privileged backend users even if they
aren't allowed to add plugin content elements ("Add as a totally
new Content Element type" in the extension kickstarter).

In the backend window of this content element i would provide
exactly two attributes to be entered by the backend user:
* Product title (to be shown in shopping cart and during the
checkout process)
* Product price

Every other product information diesplayed at the products
detail page has to be added by default text and text /w image
content elements.

What do you think of my quite simple concept of a "just buy it"
button?

Greats,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Internet: http://media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt