[TYPO3-english] localizing locallang.xml etc

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 6 23:18:58 CET 2011

Hi,

On 6-1-2011 23:00, Fabian wrote:
> I was wondering if there is a better way to do this job, since
> llxmltranslate is from 2006 and still beta. Even though this extension
> works fine it has only been downloaded 5942 times so I guess not many
> people use it. Is there a better way to do it that I do not know about?
> or does everyone else just manually edit the locallang.xml files.

At the moment I can't get it working on my 4.5 installation, but that
may be a problem on my local installation.

I've used llxmltranslate to translate a few extensions and to create the
files needed for the translation server.

Most people will adjust / translate text using TypoScript.
plugin.tx_someplugin_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.default {
	language_label = The new version
}
plugin.tx_someplugin_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.nl {
	language_label = De nieuwe versie
}

Only if there a labels with a dot in them (e.g. language.label) it will
not work with TypoScript.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert