[TYPO3-english] Drupal 7 is now officially released!

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Thu Jan 6 12:16:15 CET 2011

I think that to post this kind of message is very UNUSUAL for ed
useless for the TYPO3 COMMUNITY.
Who likes Drupal can move freely to it.
But I suppose this list is used for TYPO3 purposes and NOT for Drupal
purposes.

Quoting Andreas Becker <ab.becker at web.de>:

> +1 -
>
> and check the security bulletins about both systems i.e. at
> http://secunia.com
> http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=drupal+
> http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=typo3
> http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=joomla
> <http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=drupal+>
> http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=Modx
> http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=wordpress
>
> and how the found vulnerabilities get fixed without haking or editing the
> sourcecode ;-)
> For every purpose a CMS might be useful or not and to decide this is finally
> the customers thing.
>
> Inspire to share.
>
> I think TYPO3 inspired many people to share as more and more CMS are
> stepping in the same footsteps like TYPO3 in Terms of how easy it can be to
> update and maintain a website without always starting over again a new
> system as the templates are no more working (Joomla, Drupal, etc, or you
> need to edit sourcecodes as vulnerabilities don't get fixed by a simple
> extension or plugin or core update.)
>
> The same occurs to the Image support as TYPO3 has still the best image
> support of all CMS around and this since I am using TYPO3 (starting with
> Version 3.5!)
>
> As the other CMS learn from TYPO3 about to make there system more secure and
> better maintainable throughout many versions and how to create developer
> guidelines etc on the one hand
>
> TYPO3 could learn from them on the other hand. As many people are using
> Drupal or Joomla or WordPress etc as they have features much easier
> available which are still very difficult to install in TYPO3.
>
> i.e.
> Direct Mail incl subscribe and unsubscribe - every CMS should have it today
> available by default IMHO
> Frontend User Registration - dito
> Contact Form with spam protection - dito
> News/Blog/Commenting system - dito
>
> some of these feature seem to be coming up in TYPO3 5 but i.e. DirectMailing
> sending out Newsletters will still be a headache to setup if nothing changes
> here.
>
> Andi
>

> <http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=Modx>
>
> On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:37 PM, RDE / Redlich <gr2 at ipw.net> wrote:
>
>> Sebastian Michaelsen schrieb:
>>

>>  But why the heck are you so offensive?
>>>

>> It seems to be a war or ?
>>

>>  I really think there should be more exchange between the communities of
>>> Open Source Web CMS, when I look at some big projects like Drupal, TYPO3,
>>> Joomla, ModX and Wordpress (yes I count it in), every system has certain
>>> strengths where the others could learn from. That kind of attitude would
>>> help your system more than trying to provoke people over here. Think about
>>> it!
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Sebastian

> [...]

ALESSANDRO TUVERI

SERVIZI WEB D'ATENEO
CSIT, Centro Servizi Informatici e Telematici
Università degli Studi di Udine
tel. ufficio 0432-558904
Homo sine pecunia est imago mortis