[TYPO3-english] question about installation

Fred Mellink fmlk4u at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 09:15:46 CET 2011

Hi Tom,

Yes, I have seen this behaviour also in the past and it could well be a
caching problem. Apparently there is a difference whether one created the
ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file on the server (in WAMP) or create it locally and
upload it via FTP.

Hope this info helps a bit.

Regards, Fred

http://my.vision-4-life.nl

2011/1/5 tom liu <tomliuwhite at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install typo 4.4.6 on windows. I have WAMP installed on my
> computer. I download source+dummy package from here :
> http://typo3.org/download/packages/  I tried to install it according the
> instructions here http://typo3.org/download/packages/ In the instruction
> file, on page 5, it is said "Create a file called “ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL” in
> /path/to/your/site/typo3conf/ to enable the install tool." I created a file
> named "ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL". Then Hit the site with  browser and follow the
> Install Tool (
> http://www.example.com/typo3/install/index.php?mode=123&step=1).
> But on my localhost page(http://localhost/typo3/install/), it still shows
> the below info: any idea about this?
> The Install Tool is locked
>
> To enable the Install Tool, the file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL must be created.
>
>   - In the typo3conf/ folder, create a file named ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL. The
>   file name is case sensitive, but the file itself can simply be an empty
>   file.
>   - Alternatively, in the Backend, go to User tools > User
> settings<http://localhost/typo3/sysext/setup/mod/index.php>and let
> TYPO3 create this file for you. When you're finished, you can also
>   visit User tools > User
> settings<http://localhost/typo3/sysext/setup/mod/index.php>and delete
> the file from there.
>
>  For security reasons, it is highly recommended that you either rename or
> delete the file after the operation is finished.
>
> As an additional security measure, if the file is older than one hour,
> TYPO3
> will automatically delete it.

Hartelijke groeten, Kind Regards,

Fred Mellink