[TYPO3-english] question about installation

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Wed Jan 5 07:04:58 CET 2011

Hello Tom,

tom liu wrote:

> Thanks for your suggestion.
> It is the first time to use the mailing list. So could you let me know
> more about this?
sure no problem...

> 1. copied the file
> copied this file to which folder? I sent this to
> typo3-english at lists.typo3.org through my email.
> 2. have some suffix behind it
> how to do this?

Once you extracted the source+dummy, you end up with several files and
folders including fileadmin/ t3lib/ typo3/ typo3temp/ typo3conf/ uploads/
index.php
You need to create/move a file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL inside the typo3conf/
folder. The file must be readable by the webserver (check permission). Also
make sure the file does not have any hidden suffix like .txt or alike -
Windows hides those with default preferences.

As it seems that you are rather new to TYPO3, may I suggest you start using
the introduction package instead the source+dummy? This might be easier to
install. It even has a nice guide: http://typo3.org/documentation/document-
library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/1.0.0/view/1/2/

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe