[TYPO3-english] question about installation

tom liu tomliuwhite at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 04:22:24 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to install typo 4.4.6 on windows. I have WAMP installed on my
computer. I download source+dummy package from here :
http://typo3.org/download/packages/  I tried to install it according the
instructions here http://typo3.org/download/packages/ In the instruction
file, on page 5, it is said "Create a file called “ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL” in
/path/to/your/site/typo3conf/ to enable the install tool." I created a file
named "ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL". Then Hit the site with  browser and follow the
Install Tool (http://www.example.com/typo3/install/index.php?mode=123&step=1).
But on my localhost page(http://localhost/typo3/install/), it still shows
the below info: any idea about this?
The Install Tool is locked

To enable the Install Tool, the file ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL must be created.

   - In the typo3conf/ folder, create a file named ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL. The
   file name is case sensitive, but the file itself can simply be an empty
   file.
   - Alternatively, in the Backend, go to User tools > User
settings<http://localhost/typo3/sysext/setup/mod/index.php>and let
TYPO3 create this file for you. When you're finished, you can also
   visit User tools > User
settings<http://localhost/typo3/sysext/setup/mod/index.php>and delete
the file from there.

 For security reasons, it is highly recommended that you either rename or
delete the file after the operation is finished.

As an additional security measure, if the file is older than one hour, TYPO3
will automatically delete it.