[TYPO3-english] Indexed Search - Cross Tree/Domain search

Christian Ebert ebert.chris at 12live.de
Tue Jan 4 15:04:23 CET 2011

Hi,

I am having a Typo3 installation with multiple websites in separate trees
and separate domains for each website. I want to have a search which
searches in all pages across all domains not only in the tree of the current
website the user is in. Searching works well in each separate tree but not
overall.

Root ("rootlevel" checked in Template) - id = 267

-          Tree1 - Domain 1 ("rootlevel" checked in Template, "Is root of
website" checked in page properties) - id = 1

o   Search Page 1 with indexed_search plugin

-          Tree2 - Domain 2 ("rootlevel" checked in Template, "Is root of
website" checked in page properties) - id = 9

o   Search Page 2 with indexed_search plugin

-          Tree3 - Domain 3 ("rootlevel" checked in Template, "Is root of
website" checked in page properties) - id = 256

o   Search Page 3 with indexed_search plugin

I wonder if this is possible at all. I tried already the following settings
in Template setup. But in the end they do not seem to take effect. Any idea?

-          plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList = 267 OR
plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList = -1 OR
plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList = 1,9,256

-          plugin.tx_indexedsearch._DEFAULT_PI_VARS.sections = rl0_267

Best Regards

Christian