[TYPO3-english] Phanomen Whitespaces in HTML und XML

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Jan 3 18:20:14 CET 2011

Hi Christian,

> since a few days i have got a problem with whitespaces on TYPO3-Outputs.
>
> Every Output, tt_news xml-feed or normal websites, got 10 spaces in the
> beginning of the document.

Weird think is that the spaces seem to be there also for cached pages (I
assume that your site uses caching and pages are not regenerated for
every request). Otherwise only the first hit to a page would contain
those spaces, as they are not part of TYPO3's "calculated" page content
and thus not cached (but simply output).

You could use grep and build a regular expression, which matches the
number of spaces.

Kind regards
Steffen

--