[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 pages inaccessible by Facebook - unable to like/share

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 21:12:34 CET 2011

Hi there,

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 2:55 AM, Scotty C <superscotty19 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Heath,
>
> I appreciate your efforts! Perhaps I should clarify ... while the function of
> sharing does work, the problem is that the full description is not showing. As
> you noted, you see the comment box, then the URL below it. However, you should
> see the comment box, then full info below: title, description, and image. I've
> reported to facebook as Ries suggested but I really think this is a TYPO3 issue
> because if I hand-code an HTML page it works and gives me all the info.

TYPO3 _could_ be involved, but it's not really a factor in determining
the source of a problem like you describe. TYPO3 pages are the same a
any other HTML documents--it's really irrelevant how a page was
generated.

If you have a document where the desired function works correctly, and
another document where it doesn't, then a) find the differences
between those two documents--there MUST be differences--and b) find
out which of those differences is responsible for the problem (usually
by altering one of the documents to be more and more similar to the
other and testing to see if each change causes/fixes the problem).

Once you've discovered the precise cause of the problem in the HTML
document or its associated files, _then_ you take care of whatever it
is in TYPO3/whatever CMS that might be involved in producing the
differences in the HTML/js/css that caused the problem.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/