[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 pages inaccessible by Facebook - unable to like/share

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 26 10:23:30 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I don't know if this problem just happened with our upgrade to 4.4.2 or not, but
none of the sites we host are accessible by Facebook. When I use fbook's URL
Linter I get the error. Moreover, if I try to embed a share button, all that
happens is the title of the page appears for a brief second then disappears and
I just get the page URL. Example pages: www.stormat.ca www.centreofthearts.ca

I've had a team of 3 people working on this one for a week. We've tried all
forms of TYPO3 modifications to the fbook link, meta tags, doctype, and HTML
tags with no success. We've also created a standard HTML page outside of TYPO3
and it DID work. So, we've concluded that it has to be related to TYPO3. Has
anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance,
-Scott.