[TYPO3-english] personalized URLS

Knight, Jason jknigh7 at emory.edu
Thu Feb 24 20:19:04 CET 2011

It's used in marketing. Basically you get a url with
http://domain.com/your-name and it takes you to a page full of information
you've previously expressed interest in. Some schools use it for
prospective students. Depending on how the information is grouped, you
have a set of pages that represent any combination of the information
available, e.g. 90% of visitors will be interested in housing, etc. So the
url is personalized but the information is only somewhat personalized.

I know there are ways to handle it at the apache level but was curious to
know if anyone was doing it at the typo3 level.

-Jason
--
Jason Knight
jason.knight at emory.edu