[TYPO3-english] Workspaces in TYPO3 4.5 - still complicated/confusing?

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Mon Feb 21 15:54:15 CET 2011

Hello Thomas,

Tomas Mrozek wrote:

> My current conclusion therefore is, that the whole functionality is
> still the same crap and I don't understand what was the fuss about when
> v4.5 was published as I now see no improvement to the workspaces.

Custom stages and new interface is nothing worth talking about? Well, then I
am sorry. Workspace team works hard, but they did not recode everything from
scratch.

BTW, there is still the difference between workspace and versions. At least
in 4.4 you could use versions without workspaces - I did not check 4.5...

Instead if ranting, you could have filed a feature request to hide all "not-
top" versions in live workspace.
Additionally you could file a request for hide publish and/or swap buttons
(TSconfig or userTS).
Last, but not least you could start brainstorming how it should work from
your perspective and share your thoughts with the WS team.

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-workspaces/issues

BTW2, looks like some off your point are already know and worked on.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe