[TYPO3-english] Missing pages redirecting with code 303

Tomasz Melcer nospam.liori at o2.pl
Mon Feb 21 14:46:37 CET 2011

On 16.02.2011 18:36, Tomasz Melcer wrote:
> I am trying to get 404 code working properly. I am using TYPO3 4.5 from
> the Introduction Package, which means RealURL and actually all its
> default settings too (I haven't had time to customize it yet).
> [...]
> But when I actually connect to the host, I get 303 and redirection:
> [...]

I found the reason.

It seems that TYPO3 tries to download a page from url given in
[pageNotFound_handling] (when using the simple string version),
using curl library.

In my case:

 * There was no php5-curl installed.

 * For security reasons my webserver had blocked "outgoing" connections,
and my domain resolved to an external IP. Therefore my installation
could not download a page from itself.

It helped to install php5-curl and add an entry "mydomain -> 127.0.0.1"
in local /etc/hosts file.

Tomasz Melcer