[TYPO3-english] sync of temp-files in a TYPO3 cluster

Andy Weber andy-mccoy at web.de
Thu Feb 17 00:17:54 CET 2011

Am 16.02.2011 23:38, schrieb Olivier Dobberkau:
> Am 14.02.11 22:44, schrieb Andy Weber:
>
>> So are there any other "clever" solutions? Is there a good alternative
>> to rsync, perhaps in combination with icron?
>
> cloudfront?
> better varnish vcl?
>
> olivier
Hi Olivier,

cloudfront is no alternative for me.

Better varnish vcl? O.K. sounds interesting - maybe something like that
works?
1. Check if a site is not in varnish cache (maybe its a new TYPO3 Site
and therefore no tempfile is writen yet)
2. If true, send the "client" always to my first frontend server.
3. The first webserver wirtes the temp-file
4. incron realizes that und initialize an rsync to my second
frontend-webserver
5. If an other client asks for the same site - he gets the cached one
from varnish or varnish knows now that the site is not new and can ask
my second frontend webserver for the site, too. (maybe if the cache time
is exhausted?)

Mh, I don't know if this is a clever solution or even if this is a
solution for a load-balancing system.

So what do you think?

regards
Andy