[TYPO3-english] Missing pages redirecting with code 303

Tomasz Melcer nospam.liori at o2.pl
Wed Feb 16 18:36:10 CET 2011

Hello,

I am trying to get 404 code working properly. I am using TYPO3 4.5 from
the Introduction Package, which means RealURL and actually all its
default settings too (I haven't had time to customize it yet).

I followed the article from [1]. That is, I created a page "Page not
found" right under my Home page, with speaking URL set to page-not-found.

 [1] http://typo3.org/development/articles/improved-404-handling/

Then, using Admin Tools->Install->All Configuration, I modified variables:

[FE][pageNotFound_handling] = /page-not-found/
[FE][pageNotFound_handling_statheader] = HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

(well, the second one was already in this form).

But when I actually connect to the host, I get 303 and redirection:

% telnet myhost 80
Trying myhost...
Connected to myhost.
Escape character is '^]'.