[TYPO3-english] 4.5.0 and usability

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Wed Feb 16 10:10:45 CET 2011

On 16.02.11 09:17, Tomas Mrozek wrote:
>> Now everything is in alphabetical order. Before they were in kind of
>> groups, one extension properties in one group then the next and so on.
I think it's two issues. The rendering mode has been changed, you can
revert this by setting
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['accessListRenderMode'] = 'singlebox'.

However, this doesn't change the order back to the 4-4 state. So I
assume that is has sth. to do with the TCA refactoring.

> It seems to be grouped according to extensions/tables just fine. Looking
> at it now, I have first properties for "Access Control Lists" (extension
> be_acl), then "Alternative Page Language", "Backend Layout", and so on.
>
> What is troublesome is naming of the fields. For example I have "Page
> Content: Columns" three times in the list. One is for table columns, one
> for content columns, one for image columns. It's then a hassle to set it
> as I have to hover over the help icon for each of these fields to find
> out which field it actually is.
It has always been this way. Maybe we can list the Section, in which the
field is visible in between (so Columns could appear in Page Content:
Image Alignment: Number of Columns). Nevertheless, with the ? it's now
better than before.

Kind regards
Steffen

--