[TYPO3-english] 4.5.0 and usability

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Wed Feb 16 09:17:11 CET 2011

> Now everything is in alphabetical order. Before they were in kind of
> groups, one extension properties in one group then the next and so on.

It seems to be grouped according to extensions/tables just fine. Looking
at it now, I have first properties for "Access Control Lists" (extension
be_acl), then "Alternative Page Language", "Backend Layout", and so on.

What is troublesome is naming of the fields. For example I have "Page
Content: Columns" three times in the list. One is for table columns, one
for content columns, one for image columns. It's then a hassle to set it
as I have to hover over the help icon for each of these fields to find
out which field it actually is.

Tomas Mrozek