[TYPO3-english] FE-User Questions

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Wed Feb 16 08:01:43 CET 2011

Hi N3 or Jan?,

N3 wrote:

> 1) is there a maximum number of front-end users? I am looking at about
> 40,000 users. Each user will only log in once.

No problem for TYPO3 ... if you server can handle it.

> 2) how many users can be online at the same time before the system starts
> to get slow? What can I do to improve performance?

You better ask how many requests can be done simultaneously. Keep in mind
that FE-User related processing can not be cached as it is unique for each
FE-User.

> 3) is it possible log in users via a hash? Or is the only way by
> user=xxx&password=xxx ?

Honestly, I don't know ... you can expire all passwords and send the update
password link to each user.
Maybe you have to code this yourself (have a look at other extensions, e.g.
there is one which logs you in based on you IP).

> What I am trying to achieve is to have all those users update their
> profiles. Therefore I want to import their data into the fe_user table. I
> want the whole thing to be integrated into my TYPO3. If any of you know
> about the way to have each user only update their personal data without
> using the fe_user table for this (Powermail? How can I insert data into
> the form if I only have a hash?) that would be appreciated as well.

You will need some kind of form. The data is stored in fe_user table anyway.
You might want to have a look at datamints_feuser.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe