[TYPO3-english] sync of temp-files in a TYPO3 cluster

Andy Weber andy-mccoy at web.de
Mon Feb 14 22:44:50 CET 2011

Hi,

how you can handle the sync of (temp-)files (typo3temp, uploads, etc.)
in more TYPO3 cluster nodes (frontend websevers)?

Situation:
I have a redundant Load Blancer/Reverse Proxy (Varnish-Cache), which
forward the traffic to my two Frontend-Webservers. These active/active
cluster need to be synchron in real-time, because of the temp-file
writing mechanism of TYPO3 - in case a user hits a new (first uncached)
site.

Known solutions:
RSYNC
I think rsync is not a quiet good solution, because it's not a
file-based-triggered- and not a bidirectional solution.

DRBD
DRBD seems a little too exaggerated and you need a special filesystem to
be set up, if you want to use an active-active cluster.

NFS
Would be the best solution if I only would habe a budget for a new
file-server. Because of HA (High Available) I even would have to buy two
of them.

Questions:
So are there any other "clever" solutions? Is there a good alternative
to rsync, perhaps in combination with icron?

Or are there some TYPO3 specific setting,  which can handle that
temp-file problem?

regards,
Andy