[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 4.5 tca date mixup?

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 14 14:01:11 CET 2011

Jigal van Hemert schrieb am 14.02.2011 13:46:
> Hi,
>
> On 14-2-2011 11:15, Oliver Wand wrote:
>> I've came across a rather strange behaviour in 4.5 within an own
>> extension and a tca date field.
>>
>> When entering "3-9-2011" as the date into that field (through BE) the
>> date is switched to 9-3-2011 which obviously is wrong as that is not the
>> value I entered.
>
> Sounds like the "Natural language parser" feature from the extension
> date2cal is enabled. Turn it off and it will work fine.
>
> (Also turn off the use of date2cal in the backend; TYPO3 has a native
> calendar popup in backend forms)

Not only turn it off, but also uninstall the extension, as it is known
(at least to me) that it breaks other parts of the backend (random
javascript errors, etc), because it XCLASSes t3lib_tceforms and alt_doc,
providing non-compatible substitution to core functions which have
changed a lot in the last years.

Cheers,
Ernesto