[TYPO3-english] Grid layout and moving content between columns

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Sun Feb 13 16:03:18 CET 2011

Hi,

The last few years I've almost exclusively used TemplaVoila, but with the new
Grid Layout feature in 4.5 I want to give the recuberated old style templating
another try.

Building a new backend layout is extremely simple and straight forward, kudos Joey!

But now I need to move a lot of content to new columns, and the only ways I can
find to do this are fairly awkward:
- edit each record, change the value in the selectbox for columns, and save
- or, using the page-module, click the icon of the record and select cut from
the context menu, then click a content record icon in the destination column and
choose paste..... but this doesn't work if there are no records in that column yet!

The clipboard should actually be working here, and should automatically show
paste icons when and where appropriate (TemplaVoila has this already since many
years). Is it possible to enable this in the page module nowadays?

In Joey's video [1] he demonstrates drag and drop behaviour, but this doesn't
work here. Is it not implemented yet, or am I missing something?

Cheers,
Loek

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsxfNd4TYbk