[TYPO3-english] Indexed_search problem with utf8

Historia newsletter at zimmermann-steinhart.de
Fri Feb 11 09:18:11 CET 2011

hello Girmangus,

I am working on this problem for quite some time and I am astonished
about the problems. Yesterday I set up a clean 4.5 dummy on a brand new
wampserver 2.1. with Mysql 5.5.8.

Checked all values in the typo install and all is set to utf-8. However
search was not working.

The problem was the database which was set to COLLATE=latin1_swedish_ci
and charset=latin1.

Exported the Database with drop table, deleted it in Myadmin and made a
new one with collation utf8_unicode_ci and imported the database again.

The search is working with the standard search but not with indexed_search.

Herbert