[TYPO3-english] Newbie in typo3

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Thu Feb 10 18:55:00 CET 2011

Am 10.02.11 17:22, schrieb Giuseppe Luigi Punzi:

> I tested Typo3 in the past as hobby, and I loved it.
> Now, I have the possibility to use it in production (I chequed Drupal,Joomla and now is the turn of t3). T3 LTS is a great option for proffesional sites.
> For this, I ask for help,due to my unknowledge. This 2 sites, will use news, the tipical products,company and so on sections, blog and 1 of them, forums.
> What extensions are recommended for all of this? Or is better for bloging and forums,use other solutions? Exists extension for integration?.
> And what about templating? In the past i saw somethng about templavoila. Is a good way to templating, and maintain a site?

Hi Giuseppe,

Great to have you on board!

My recomendation is that you use the introduction package as a starting
point. it has the modern templating method that should help you to gain
access to the powerset of typoscript.

i would recomend that you dig into these tutorials:

*
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/installation/doc_guide_install/current/

*
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_quickstart/current/

*
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_templselect/current/

The TSREF is your friend:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/current/

nevertheless your mileage may vary on the extensions to be used.

* tt_news is great for news and for a blog (timtab)
* mm_forum is the defacto standard for forums
* shop? depending on the size. could be formhandler based solution up to
tt_products or commerce.

As always this is my personal recomendation... make your own experience
here and share it with us!

Once again greetings and have fun!

Olivier