[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Plugin for OpenX - and others

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Wed Feb 9 05:37:42 CET 2011

Hi All

Why is it actually mostly like this?

You can find connectors for Joomla / Wordpress and Drupal if a nice and
Valuable 3rd Party Application hits the market but there is none available
for TYPO3.
Is it much much easier to integrate and build connectors for those other
CMS?
Do they have a bigger demand on integrating those applications to their CMS?
Do the developers of those CMS like more to share their connectors and
plugins?

Wouldn't it be nice to have TYPO3 with its longterm release now listed among
all those others too?
Is there a Team which looks how things can be integrated/Connected to TYPO3?
Are their already plugins available but we don't know about them as they
have not been published or it is difficult to find them in TER?

I would like you to ask you for your opinions and thoughts about
integrating/connecting other great applications to TYPO3

Wouldn't it be great to have a TYPO3 Version vor Educational Institutions
which combine the benefits of
Mahara - Portfolio Manager
Moodle - eLearning
Magento - Shopping Cart (hurray existing for TYPO3)
OpenX - for marketing your ads
CK-ERP - to manage your accounting, leads, human resources etc.

Thanks

Andi

*Following a list with some Applications where TYPO3 is missing in the list!
I think it would be a great opportunity to advertise and market TYPO3 if it
would be listed their too!*

Today on the *OpenX* site you can read the following:

We want to make it as easy as possible for website owners to use OpenX so
> we're creating plugins for popular content management systems.What plugins
> are currently available?Currently, we have three simple, straightforward
> prototypes that make it easy to place ads on a website using the native
> content management system functionality.
>
>    - OpenX plugin for Joomla!<http://www.openx.org/community/openx-module-for-joomla>
>    - OpenX plugin for WordPress<http://www.openx.org/community/openx-plugin-for-wordpress>
>    - OpenX module for Drupal<http://www.openx.org/community/openx-module-for-drupal>
>
> What about other content management systems?These are the first of many CMS
> modules we'd like to develop. We are focusing on the most popular content
> management systems used by the OpenX community. Please register to help us
> develop or test new CMS plugins. <http://www.openx.org/community/feedback>

But the same you can find in many other places too.

*i.e. VTiger*

Drupal module vtiger_forms - Integration with vtiger
CRM<http://www.vtiger.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=214&Itemid=183>
> Ratings:
>  4.0
>  |  Hits 5842
> vtiger_forms is a Drupal module that provides the ability to capture
> visitor details with a basic form and integrates with Webforms module of
> vtiger CRM.
>

> JoomTiger-1.1.0 ( Joomla & vTiger CRM Integration )<http://www.vtiger.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=289&Itemid=183>
> Ratings:
>  5.0
>  |  Hits 2591
> JoomTiger is a Joomla and vTiger CRM integration component. The main
> objective of this component development was to "KISS (Keep It Simple
> Stupid)". Just install & Press the Synchronise Button, Thats all it needed
> to integrate Joomla & vTiger CRM.

*i.e. CIVI-CRM*

The current stable version of CiviCRM is 3.3. CiviCRM distributions are
> freely available for download from our SourceForge project download pages<http://downloads.civicrm.org/>.
> You will need to know which host Content Management software (CMS) you are
> using: Drupal <http://www.drupal.org/> or Joomla! <http://www.joomla.org/>
> . *CiviCRM requires PHP5.2.x, PHP 5.3.x is supported starting with version
> 3.2.*   *EXAMPLE* : *civicrm-3.2.0-drupal.tar.gz* This file is version
> 3.2.0 for Drupal. *EXAMPLE* : *civicrm-3.2.0-joomla.zip* This file is
> version 3.2.0 for Joomla!.

*i.e. CK-ERP*

CK-ERP(OpenSource Edu/ERP/CRM)0.30.1 released

> A new release, v.0.30.1, of CK-ERP, has been posted at SourceForge.Net,
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck-erp .
>
> New features comprise seven new modules (ck-teacher, ck-counsellor,
> ck-student, ck-applicant, ck-family, ck-registrar, ck-eduadmin) for
> deployment within educational institutes and another new module (ck-vm) for
> use within NGOs.
>
> CK-ERP is an open source accounting / educational / MRP / ERP / CRM system
> that runs on top of multiple middlewares. It comprises 32 modules - Contact
> Management, Customer Relationship Management, Customer Self Service, Vendor
> Relationship Management, Material Requirement Planning, Warehouse,
> Inventory, Service, Accounting Ledger, Bank Reconciliation, Accounts
> Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchase Order, Sales Order, Quotation, POS
> for Cashier, POS for Manager, Human Resources, Staff Self Service, Payroll,
> Administration, Internationalization, Access Control, Data Import, Teacher,
> Counsellor, Student, Applicant, Family, Registrar, Edu Administration and
> Volunteer Management. Please report error and suggestion to the discussion
> group / mailing list, CK-ERP-en(at)googlegroups.com or CK-ERP-zh_CN(at)
> googlegroups.com . General history and expected development is available
> at the discussion group's Archive.
>
> Information/Demo Websites:
> http://ck-erp.org
> http://ck-erp.net
>
> Download is available from,
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck-erp

i.e. Moodle

*joomla <http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=973&filter=1>*Authentication
> MethodMoodle 1.6 or laterJoomla authentication plugin

*Drupal Single-Domain
SSO<http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=2941&filter=1>
> *Authentication MethodMoodle 1.9 or laterDrupal-Moodle SSO

No records found (Reset
filters<http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?id=6009&mode=list&search=&advanced=0>)
> for TYPO3

i.e. Mahara

Integrate with Mahara with Joomla writes a developer here:
> http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2458

> *MahDrudle+ integration *

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=2499

Recently, we at Catalyst have been thinking more about integration of Mahara
> with other systems. Currently, we can have single sign-on via MNET with
> Moodle, but also other systems that support MNET can be connected, e.g.
> Drupal. With Moodle 2.0RC now being out, further integration with Moodle is
> possible via the Portfolio API and the Repository API.
>
> The integration of Mahara with a content management system such as Drupal
> is very appealing for several reasons:
> - use Drupal as web site / portal
> - take advantage of Drupal's extensive list modules to enhance Mahara
> - use Drupal content in Mahara without replicating it
>
> What we could imagine for a Mahara-Drupal integration beyond SSL is for
> example that Drupal content can be made available in Mahara easily, e.g. web
> site content, multimedia content, quizzes. That could be achieved through
> the web services API that Drupal has. It could work similar to Gregor's
> GoogleApps plugin for Mahara: Get the URL from Drupal, put it into the
> Drupal blocktype and make the content visible in Mahara.
>
> That way, content that is more easily created or managed in Drupal can stay
> there, but be pulled into Mahara comfortably.
>
> So basically what we want to find out is whether there are others in the
> Mahara community, who'd be interested in linking Drupal to Mahara (and
> Moodle) and discuss this further.
>
> Cheers
> Francois, Josh, Richard, Kristina

* and further down about the connection between Moodle - Drupal and
Mahara

*

> Coming in late on this...I'm very interested in this topic.
>
> I have a Mahoodle implementation and am getting into a Drupal
> implementation. I think a Mahdrudle troika would be awesome.
>
> I'm not sure where your discussions are at at the moment, but I really like
> what you were talking about in the opening message of this topic re using
> Drupal modules via web services.
>
> That said, we need to deliver the Druapl project first. I'm hoping it will
> give us ideas on where to take things in the future.
> I'm working with TDM as the company that does the technical heavy lifting.

*somebody tried to get Mahara working with TYPO3 but seemed to have failed*

http://mahara.org/interaction/forum/topic.php?id=777

> Hi Nigel,
>
> thanks for your reply.
> However I don't get it work :(

-------

There might be much more examples out there and it would be nice to hear
about them and why no TYPO3 Plugin / Connector / Integrator .. is available

I opened up a section in the TYPO3 WIKI to collect more informations

There are also mentioned solutions for other CMS, so that we can see how the
integration has been done here and we may get some more ideas how we could
do the same thing in TYPO3

Andi