[TYPO3-english] cyrilic page titles in 4.5 - can't update db value?

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sat Feb 5 13:54:01 CET 2011

W dniu 11-02-05 13:33, Aleksandar Milovac pisze:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently installed LTS version and I'm experiencing some strange
> problem regarding cyrilic page titles. When I try to rename or create a
> page (and title) in cyrilic alphabet I've keep getting flash message:
> "...these fields are not properly updated in database. Probably value
> mismatch with fieldtype."
>
> forceCharset is set to utf-8
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks,
> Aleksandar

Make sure that database tables are encoded with utf8 (ie. via
phpMyAdmin), I had identical problem with polish national characters,
because server admin created DB with latin1 encoding.

If it's clean instalation just remove all tables, use PMA to change
encoding to utf8-general for whole DB and repeat the installation process.

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
http://www.typo3.pl | TYPO3 Polish Community