[TYPO3-english] Adding template to extension

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 3 19:30:43 CET 2011

Hi,

On 3-2-2011 18:22, JoH asenau wrote:

>> I created an ext_typoscript_setup.txt in the extension root folder
>> (typo3/typo3conf/ext/lucas_helpdesk) with this line:
>> plugin.lucas_helpdesk.templateFile = EXT:lucas_helpdesk/template.html
>>
>> Added code as mentioned in the wiki to the
>> class.tx_lucashelpdesk_pi1.php file:
>>
>> I get an empty page because, my guess is, $conf['templateFile'] is empty.
>> Which step am I missing?(I cleared the frontend cache)
>
> Shouldnt it be plugin.tx_lucashelpdesk_pi1.templateFile?

Yes, it should if you want to pick it up with $conf['templateFile'] in
class tx_lucashelpdesk_pi1.

I you (the original poster) want to learn to build TYPO3 v4 extensions
there is an excellent book by Dimitry Dulepov [1].

[1] https://www.packtpub.com/typo3-extension-development/book

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert