[TYPO3-english] Changing Default Upload Directory Location When clicking "Browse..."

Sebastiaan de Jonge szebi.eger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 14:16:17 CET 2011

Hi Scott,

I don't think there is a very easy solution for this. As the default
workflow for TYPO3 would be this. Setting this to a user directory would
confuse the FE, since the path from which the images are loaded will be
dynamic. A (not so nice) option would be to disable the "browse" field and
force editors to upload their files inside the filelist, and select the
images from there. As far as I know you can also upload images from the
selector popup. It's a little more work for the editor but it gets you the
result you require.

Please not that the file will still be copied to uploads/pics/, so each file
will be on the file system twice.

Regards,
Sebastiaan

--
Kind regards,
Sebastiaan de Jonge

Freelance TYPO3 Developer - Certified TYPO3 Integrator
w: http://sebastiaandejonge.com
t: 0031 65431 7572