[TYPO3-english] Problem with danish characters after upgrade to 4.6

Michael Lykke typo3 at lykke-it.dk
Fri Dec 30 17:16:33 CET 2011

Hi list

All my danish characters renders wrongly in the TinyMCE RTE after
upgrading from 4.5.2 to 4.6.3. The problem persists in plain text editor
as well so the problem isn't related to TinyMCE RTE.

The characters from textelements created before the upgrade are fine in
the FE while new textelements are displaying fine in the BE but wrong in
the FE.

It looks like the usual problem with character encoding, Latin1 vs UTF8,
but I'm not sure how to deal with it in TYPO3.

Has anyone had similar problems? Did the BE change character encoding in
4.6?

I'll appreciate any help!

Thanks,

Michael